Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Mother the Car

From reading my last blog, - that's a huge assumption - you might have gathered that I sort of anthropomorphize our family's vehicles. They become a part of the family. Why? Oh, probably for some deep, troubling, psychological reason. Or maybe because it's fun to do so. Anyway, this made me think of a really strange sitcom from the mid sixties, My Mother the Car. In a nut shell, the lead character's mother is reincarnated as a classic jalopy. Awful, awful show and more awful that the writers cast the deceased mother as an old jalopy. Classic or otherwise.

So then I started thinking how would I want to be cast?


Now we're talkin. An El Camino! Part classic car, part truck. A mullet vehicle.  Business up front and party in the back. A little bit county, a little bit rock 'n roll.  A truck for short people like me.

And just think how useful I would be for Goodwill hunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment