Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Frugalista, Me?

While dressing for work today I realized that everything I was wearing was something purchased at a thrift store. Well...except for undergarments *ahem*. Adding up the purchases, this outfit set me back a cool $10 plus tax. The North Face capris looked like they had never been worn - same with the espadrilles. The purse and shirt? Pristine condition. Many frugalistas have written blogs about the thrill of finding great clothes for a fraction of the original cost, but until now I never really appreciated the fact that thrift stores have more than worn out frocks hanging on the racks.

And what a wonderful way to refresh your wardrobe while supporting worthy causes. My favorite place to thrift for clothes is a store in Brevard, NC that supports a shelter for women escaping domestic violence: Safe's Attic. There are so, so many more and they all need good donations and lots of frugalistas...like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment