Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chicken Whatever

Except for baking, I don't have much use for recipes. Especially recipes that involve chicken. Cut it up and stir fry with whatever veggies are on hand. Braise it on the stove top - make a pan sauce with some wine or chicken stock or beer or sour cream or whatever is in the fridge. Coat it with something crunchy and bake it in the oven. Smother it in pasta sauce and cheese and bake it in the oven.

Who needs recipes?

"What's for dinner?" my beloved husband asks. "Chicken Whatever,"
I reply.  He knows exactly what that means. I'm freestyling dinner because I don't have a clue. But it does involve chicken.

If I really need inspiration, if I'm stuck in the Chicken Whatever rut, I can always count on Pinterest to inspire and overwhelm me.

But really, it's chicken. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment